Cannabis has long been valued as a medicinal herb. Even thousands of years ago herbalists and alchemists were harnessing the power of this natural treatment to treat a variety of ailments. Today, it’s enjoying a resurgence in popularity as people seek alternatives to man-made pharmaceuticals.
Cannabis Oil Basics
Cannabis oil is derived from sativa marijuana strains through steam distillation. The product contains naturally-occurring Cannabidiol (CBD) and Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which affect the brain and provide pain-relieving properties – making it a popular health treatment for emotional and physical disorders.
6 Popular Medicinal Uses For Cannabis Oil
Cannabis oil can be found in many different formats from topicals to edibles to vapes. These different formats help meet different needs and impact the length of treatment effects/benefits. For example, edibles are absorbed more slowly and the effects last longer than CBD that is inhaled. Ingested cannabis oil will also have more widespread effects on the body than topically applied oil.
Here are some of the most common medicinal uses for cannabis oil.
- Stress and Anxiety Relief. Thanks to the relaxing effects of THC, cannabis oil is very effective in managing stress and anxiety. Just use it when you need it as opposed to taking a pharmaceutical pill every day.
- Appetite Stimulant. Many cancer patients experience nausea during their treatment making it hard to maintain their weight and obtain the energy they need to make it through treatment. Cannabis oil has been shown to stimulate the appetite as anyone who has ever experienced “the munchies” after a high can tell you.
- Pain Relief. When applied topically, cannabis oil can provide localized pain relief. When inhaled or ingested it can provide more widespread relief. Look for lotions, creams, edibles, or flowers to get the benefits you need.
- Eye Health. The oil has been shown to protect against glaucoma and macular degeneration; two very common degenerative, age-related eye disorders.
- Skin and Hair Health. The cannabinoids and fatty acids in cannabis oil promote skin-protecting lipid production and stimulate hair growth.
- Insomnia. Sleep troubles can be minimized or eliminated through the use of cannabis oil. The oil can help reduce pain that may be preventing you from sleeping well and it can help relax you so that you are able to fall asleep and stay asleep longer.
Find Cannabis Oil in Vancouver at The Healing Tree
You’ll find all sorts of varieties of cannabis oil on the market today. Some contain CBD only. Others have CBD and THC. Still, others have differing amounts of CBD and THC. To find the right product or concentration for your needs, visit a dispensary in Vancouver like The Healing Tree. Our professional staff have worked with medical patients for years to help them find the right product to relieve their discomfort and we are confident that we can help you too!
Contact The Healing Tree at 604-559-9600 or visit one of our Vancouver dispensaries to learn more about cannabis oil.